Job Role: Technical Operations Manager
Salary: £50k – £60k per annum plus Bonus (negotiated on experience)
Hours: 08:00 – 17:00 – Monday – Friday
Our client is a family owned, leading manufacturer and designer of structural building components. Their unrivalled product and process innovation means they are the preferred supplier to major contractors for many of the UK’s most prestigious high-profile projects.
With leading industry expertise and exceptional customer service, they have risen to the top of the industry with unrivalled year on year growth.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly ambitious and driven individual to take their career to the next level in a highly regarded, technically advanced business.
The role, reporting directly to the board, is responsible for driving the excellence of our clients technical processes to ensure they continue to lead the industry.
- Quality: Develop KPIs, Systems, training and tools to improve quality across the technical department.
- Cost: Improve throughput of tasks through the business by looking to reduce task time. Ensure Technical department has a good commercial awareness to identify scope change and value engineer effective technical solutions.
- Delivery: Ensure delivery is in line with our class leading TRT’s and/or in line with customer delivery schedule.
- People: Focus on improving the capability and job satisfaction of the technical team to support both employee growth and company targets.
- People: Providing effective leadership to team members through mentoring, coaching and performance reviews.
- Customer satisfaction: Whilst maintaining internal operational excellence, ensuring we are a responsive and outward facing engineering business.
- Continuous Improvement: Identify, implement and validate continuous improvement initiatives to improve business KPIs and work towards the company Vision.
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal and active listening skills, with the ability to lead and influence others to achieve results whilst maintaining the desired level of productivity in a fast-paced work environment.
- A well organized, strategic planner with the ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Strong technical background within the construction industry (or similar).
- Previous experience of working in a Technical Operations Managerial role is essential. The ability to lead and coordinate a highly skilled team of engineers and technicians in a fast moving environment is essential. You will identify any skills gaps, new design practices and industry changes to set and deliver training objectives to ensure the continued development of the team.