We have a fantastic opportunity for a welder to join our client at an exciting time of growth. This is a career opportunity for someone who is looking to expand on their current skills and progress within the company long-term.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Welding Stainless Steel and Mild Steel in whichever way the client or employer requires.
- Ensuring high safety measures and wearing full PPE.
- Operating heavy equipment and material.
- Being aware of the different methods of welding and choosing the best suited one for the job at hand.
- Examining the equipment after welding and repairing defects.
- Planning welding operations before beginning.
- Read manufacturing drawings and weld according to the plan.
Skills & Specifications:
- A thorough knowledge about welding methods.
- A thorough knowledge about safety precautions while working.
- Ability to read manufacturing drawings and understand instructions. This specification applies to skilled welders.
- Ability to analyse work at hand and decide welding procedure.
- Good decision making skills.
- Must be able to finish work within given time.
The working hours are Mon-Fri, 7am-5pm with an hour for lunch.
Hourly rate is £9-£9.50 depending on experience
Temp to perm contract